Sunday 28 September 2008

Week 7

Wow can't believe I have been here for 7 weeks!! Time has flown by so quickly! Good news this week is that my student loan finally arrived so I now have money....maybe soon I will be able to buy some chicken. I have been saving up as it is so expensive ;) (£9 for 5 chicken breasts!!)

This week there have been a lot of parties :) Of course we went to Tiger Tiger on Thursday although this time we actually got a taxi home rather then walking in the pouring rain. The music in Norway is still at least 2 months behind the UK. Every night out includes an obligitory play or two of Duffy's Mercy and recently Katie Perry's I kissed a girl. I start to get bored of hearing songs and then they suddenly appear in the Norwegian clubs. Also discovered that you can buy cocktails for only 49kroner (£4.50) so it was nice to be able to have some Woo Woo's rather then beer, and am slowly converting others into drinking them too :)

On Friday me and Flora were invited to Floras mentor from Welcome Week (Kristine)s house warming party, it was a nice evening where we chatted and played a drinking game before heading off to a party at NHH where one of the exchange students was DJing at. I left at about 12.30 though as I was very tired.

Then on Saturday I had a very lazy day and just watched a few TV shows, and then in the evening was a Spanish Party. We all paid 80kroner and they provided lovely spanish food and sangria for us. They made paella, bread with prosciutto and tomato, and a delcious spanish omlette/tortilla.

It was a very interesting night as most people were a lot drunker then me and Flora so we got to watch people being driven around the flat in a trolley, a box, (and my favourite) a wheelbarrow. There was an elevator party which involved riding up and down in the elevator stopping at every floor, jumping after the count of 3 when we were on the 7th floor (which was very scary!) and playing a mailbox as a drum. Very strange, but fun! The Spanish people put up lots of decorations like spanish flags and lanterns, and there were a few hats as well. Here is a picture of me wearing a hat normally worn by Bull Fighters....



Although to me it looked more Russian, I am assured it is a typical Spanish hat!

The rest of the week has been a bit quiter, on Monday Me, Flora, Nat and Ana went to the movies to watch Wanted, which despite my reservations I did actually enjoy. I hated the first 10 minutes as it all seemed so unrealistic, but once you got over that it was a fun movie with a good plot-twist. I also watched a movie in Norwegian this week. Klara my Norwegian teacher arranged for us to watch a movie to celebrate completing our mid-term test. We watched a thriller set in Bergen (which was nice as everything was so familiar looking) and I really enjoyed it.

On Wednesday I went shopping to buy some winter clothes as all the ones I brought over here suddenly decided to get holes in them. So I had a lot of fun shopping :) and one good thing is that clothes are not really more expensive in Norway so I managed to get quite a few new clothes without spending too much money.

Finally I've just been doing some school work, as I mentioned earlier I had a Norwegian test so I did some revision for that, then I also have to do group projects for my other three classes, so today I have had to go around doing some market research for our brand management project about Gillette Venus.

Next week I only have 2 classes as there is a half term in Norwegian schools, so a lot of lectures have been cancelled. I currently don't have many plans, but think we may try eat out, have a movie night, and maybe do some sightseeing if the weather is nice.

No comments: