Wednesday 17 September 2008

1st - 17th September

Ok so I have been a bit slack updating this blog recently. The good news is that the internet in my bedroom is working a lot better now, so I don't have to go the the library every time I want to get online.

The last few weeks have been a lot less hectic due to my workload from classes increasing. A couple of weeks ago Lizzi came to stay with me and we went on a mini-tour called Norway in a Nutshell where we got to go on a lovely train ride and on a 2 hour fjord cruise. The on the Sunday we went for a walk up the nearest mountain which was nice.

Then the next 2 weeks I have just been to my classes during the day and in the evenings had meals with friends, or gone to parties, which there have been a lot of :) Lots of birthday parties, and then also nights organised by societies at NHH, such as Bierstube which was organised by the Big Band society which was supposed to be similar to the Munich beer festival.

Then last weekend me and a few friends went for a lovely hike up a mountain on the other side of Bergen, the weather is still very nice and so we thought we should make use of it as we know it can't last much longer! After all it is supposed to rain at least 200 days of the year here! So we went up the mountain, ate our lunch at the top with an amazing view of Bergen...we even got to see the navy doing some target practice. Then on our way down we spent a while sunbathing by a lake. It was my favourite hike so far in Bergen :)

So I'm now up to this week, well yesterday we had a mexican evening to make use of the free tortilla wraps we had been given which was fun. We made some jelly as one of our friends had never tried it, and it was funny to watch him eat it for the first time! Then we watched the first Indiana Jones film before bed. Today I have the day off university and so I'm having a nice lazy day. Catching up on some TV shows and doing homework and readings for the next few days.

I'm going to (another) birthday party tomorrow and then don't have too much planned for the weekend yet.

No comments: