Sunday 24 August 2008

So this week I started classes, I only have to take 4 courses and so it means I have a pretty good timetable with Wednesdays off. The only thing that is strange here is how long the lectures are. Normally they're between 3-4 hours long! Although you do get a break every hour.

I have also attended a few Norwegian classes so now I can say in Norwegian what my name is and where I am from. It's pretty hard at the moment as it words aren't really written how they sound but it's nice learning a bit of Norwegian.

The weather has continued to be lovely so I have spent a lot of evenings having a BBQ and watching the sunset. I got some lovely photos but I am having trouble uploading them at the moment. Then on Thursday night I went for a night out in Bergen which was fun -although it is hard to get cheap food after a night out like you would in the UK. We resorted to paying £9 for a McDonalds!!

Then last night it was the homecoming party which welcomes the returning Norwegian students back to NHH so we had a pre-party downtown then came back to campus to attend the party. It was another fun night, and I am even getting used to the price of alcohol!

I have also been on a few hikes this week, one on Wednesday and one today. On Wednesday we went for a 4 hour hike up one of the mountains near our accomodation and we got another great view of Bergen, but at some points it was more of a rock climb then a hike - we even had to use a ladder to get up one part! Today's hike was a lot gentler and we just went out for a couple of hours, just to get out of the house and to make use of the weather which is due to get worse at any time.

Next week I don't really have much planned except attending classes. I'm going to try pick up some free tickets fot a classical concert being held on Tuesday night if they have any left and then Lizzi comes to Bergen for the weekend on Friday which should be fun and we might even go on a fjord tour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

excuse me u promised that i'd be in a blog of wen i came to visit. where may i ask is that blog entry??? lizzi xx